What Is Flu?
Flu, also known as influenza, is a common infectious virus, which often gets better on its own, however, it can make some people seriously ill. It is important to get the flu vaccine to prevent flu, if you are advised to by a GP. Please contact MyHealthcare Clinic on 0207 099 5555 for further details on whether a flu vaccine is suitable for you.
Flu is highly contagious and flu symptoms include:
· A high temperature of 38C or above
· An aching body
· Feeling extremely tired
· A dry cough
· A sore throat
· A headache
· Loss of appetite
· Diarrhoea, or pain in the stomach
· Feeling sick, or vomiting
Flu symptoms for children are similar, while they can also get pain in their ear, and can appear less active than usual.
How to treat flu yourself:
· Rest and sleep
· Stay warm
· Take ibuprofen, or paracetamol, to lower your temperature and relieve aches and pains
· Drink lots of water to avoid dehydration (urine should be light yellow, or clear)