What Is Dizziness?
It is common to feel dizzy sometimes, to feel lightheaded or off-balance, and it is not usually anything serious. If you are concerned about dizziness, please contact MyHealthcare Clinic on 0207 099 5555 for a check-up with one of our private GPs.
Causes of dizziness
While it is common to feel dizzy sometimes, the cause will differ from person to person. Contact MyHealthcare Clinic on 0207 099 5555 to speak with one of our private GPs if you are concerned about dizziness.
· Feeling off-balance
· Feeling giddy
· Feeling lightheaded or faint
· Feeling like you are spinning around or things around you are spinning around (vertigo)
How you can treat dizziness yourself
Dizziness usually goes away on its own, but there are things you can do to take care of yourself if you are feeling dizzy.
· Lie down until dizziness passes, then get up slowly
· Move slowly and carefully
· Get plenty of rest
· Drink plenty of fluids, especially water
· Avoid coffee, cigarettes, alcohol and drugs
· Do not bend down suddenly
· Do not get up suddenly after sitting or lying down
· Do not do anything that could be dangerous while you’re dizzy, like driving, climbing a ladder or using heavy machinery
· Do not lie totally flat if you feel like things are spinning