What is a Headache?
Headaches are common and are not a sign of anything more serious, usually going away on their own. Headaches can last between 30 minutes and several hours at a time.
If you have a headache, to help ease it, you can:
· Drink plenty of water
· Rest, especially if you have a cold or the flu
· Try to relax, as stress can make headaches worse
· Take ibuprofen, or paracetamol
If you have a headache, to help ease it, do not do any of the following:
· Do not drink alcohol
· Do not skip meals (even if you may not feel like eating)
· Do not sleep more than you usually would, as it could worsen the headache
· Do not strain your eyes – for example, by looking at a screen for a long time
If your headache keeps coming back, please contact MyHealthcare Clinic to arrange a suitable appointment time with one of our private GPs.
Send an enquiry