19th November marks International Men’s Day and this year, the UK themes for the day are:
- Making a positive difference to the wellbeing and lives of men and boys
- Promoting a positive conversation about men, manhood and masculinity
- Raising awareness and/or funds for charities supporting men and boys’ wellbeing
The themes are outlined to help organisations and people consider what action they can take by addressing some of the health and wellbeing issues that affect men and boys including, for example:
- The high male suicide rate
- Men’s health, shorter life expectancy and workplace deaths
- Male victims of violence, including sexual violence
- The challenges faced by men as parents, particularly new fathers and separated fathers
- Male victims and survivors of sexual abuse, rape, sexual exploitation, domestic abuse
Some ideas on what you can do to get involved, can be found on the How To Mark International Men’s Day 2021 web page.
If you are concerned about any health and wellbeing issues, please do not hesitate to contact MyHealthcare Clinic to see one of our private GPs. Same-day appointments available 6 days a week for your convenience. Call 0207 099 5555 now.
Health Checks At MyHealthcare Clinic
No matter your age, it is important to stay on top of your health. Our health checks help you to find out more about your health and flag any early signs of illness. At MyHealthcare Clinic we offer comprehensive medical testing with our Advanced Healthscreen. Alternatively, opt for our Standard Healthscreen, which gives a great overview of your health. Healthscreens are available at each of our award-winning clinics in Wimpole Street, Wandsworth and Fulham.
From high blood pressure and diabetes to stress and heart issues, our healthscreens help identify concerns early and allow you to work on improving your health. If you haven’t been to MyHealthcare Clinic before it is a great way to start a relationship with one of our practice GPs.
To book a healthscreen please call 0207 099 5555 for a consultation with one of our private GPs. Same-day appointments are available 6 days a week for your convenience.
Send an enquiry