Dr Rami Wakim
Consultant Fertility & IVF Specialist
Meet Internationally Acclaimed Fertility Specialist Dr Rami Wakim
Dr Rami Wakim has over 25 years experience in reproductive health and started his career with his medical training at Ain-Shams University, followed by specialisation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at various hospitals around the world. After his specialisation in the 1990s, Dr Wakim developed an interest in IVF (also known as In Vitro Fertilization) which was a new and rapidly developing field.
Dr Wakim then joined the College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 2000 and continued fertility training with a clinical fellowship at the University College London Hospital (UCLH) and the Imperial College London. Over the course of 25 years, Dr Wakim has become a leading consultant in his field, being recognised for clinical expertise and highest standards of patient care.
“Every patient is unique, and, therefore, requires individualised treatment plan, which, in combination with the latest clinical practices, is designed to provide the best chance of success.”
Dr Wakim joins us at MyHealthcare Clinic to offer a wide range of fertility treatments to patients who are not able to conceive on their own. All treatments are personalised to the individual needs of the patient and may range from techniques such as timing intercourse and inducing ovulation, to more advanced treatments such as In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) and IVF with Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) using a sperm or egg donor. Other additional services related to women’s reproductive health are also available. Fertility treatments, such as IVF with donor eggs, can be offered by Dr Wakim through collaboration with a number of leading international partners when required.
MB BCh 1986 Ain Shams University
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG)
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG)
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons (FICS)
- Member of the British Fertility Society (BFS)
- Member of the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- Member of the Middle East Fertility Society (MEFS)
- Member of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG)
- Ambassador of the World Congress on Controversies in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Infertility (COGI)